Some basics on the 2020 Fall sessions:
MANDATORY Zoom Meeting for ALL Players – Wed 9/23
We will hold a mandatory Zoom session with all players, parents and coaches to review procedures and answer any questions. A parent MUST attend this meeting. This Zoom meeting will take approximately 30-45 minutes.
Zoom meeting: Wednesday, Sept 23rd at 7:30pm
We will send out a link for the Zoom meeting on Tuesday, 9/22.
Health & Safety Basics
All sessions will be designed to work within our current SCC Health Dept restraints – the same guidelines to which the school programs are adhering. The basic guidelines are:
- Groups/cohorts of players no larger than 14 players per 1-2 coaches
- Cohorts will maintain their player group for a minimum of 3 weeks
- Coaches may only coach 1 cohort at a time – whether it is a club or school group
- All players will be required to turn in a Parent Permission Form ensuring that they will follow required health protocols and are clear of COVID-19 symptoms.
- All players will be required to do a temperature check prior to practice (at home), and answer health questions at the start of each practice.
- Strict social distancing, mask and sanitizing rules will be followed.
- Coaches will wear masks/face coverings at all times.
- Players will wear masks to/from their car to the field. There will be no loitering in the parking lot before or after the practice.
- All players will maintain a 6′ distance from each other. Coaches will set up cones/stations fo reach players bag/water which are 6′ apart.
- Players will not be allowed to share anything with another player (socks, water, etc – nothing!)
- Players will arrive at practice dressed – shoes and shinguards on – ready to warm-up.
- All players must bring their own hand sanitizer. We will use this as players go to and from their bag/water stations.
- We will maintain 25′ space between each group/cohort’s practice area.
- Cohorts will not share equipment.
- All equipment will be sanitized after each practice.
Training Session Basics
- The training will focus on individual stick skills, passing and field hockey conditioning. There will be no hockey contact, scrimmaging, offense vs defense drills.
- Sessions will start September 27th and run through the end of November – a total of 10 weeks.
- We will be practicing on Sunday mornings only.
- Session times will be 8:30am-10:30am and 11:00am-1:00pm
- Each session will run for 2 hours.
Session cost is $450.
PAYMENT IS DUE IN FULL BY THE FIRST PRACTICE, 9/27/20
You will be able to submit online payment after you have filled out the registration form.
You can bring a check to the first practice. Please make out checks to “San Jose Fly Field Hockey Club”.